Reconstituting As The People of God (Ezra-Nehemiah)
(1) Continuity: reconnect with the past - Torah, Moses, exodus, wilderness, temple.
(2) Community: encircle the community, for purity, protection, yet healthy enough to absorb new believers.
(3) Creativity: reinterpreting Scripture in new circumstances, regulating the community and reforming it new contexts.
Live as the assembly of God's people for His glory, while awaiting the last assembly on that Day.
Reflections: (1) Have I made the necessary connections to the spiritual and historical past so as to sense the belonging as the people of God? (2) How can I reinterpret Scripture faithfully without going off track yet taking into account new contexts which are different from the authors of the Bible?
Almighty God, Amazing Grace (Return stage)
Sermon emphasis 信息重点：
Our Almighty God works to fulfill His will and grants grace for the exiles to return, to rebuild the temple (Ezra 1-6), and to be revived by obeying His Word (Ezra 7-10).
全能的神行事为要成就祂的旨意，并赐下恩典使被掳者得以归回、重建圣殿(以斯拉记 1-6）及因遵守祂的话而被复兴（以斯拉记 7-10）。
Discussion Questions 讨论问题:
1) Are your life’s priorities pleasing to God or do you need to adjust?
2) Do you put in effort to learn, practice and share God’s Word?
Through the ministry and life of Daniel, we learn that God is sovereign. His sovereignty leads us into his goodness and calls us to live our best for Him.
1. The Israelites needed to trust God in His sovereign goodness during their captivity, why is it so important? How should you trust God's sovereign goodness in the trials and temptations of your life?
2. King Nebuchadnezzar tried to culturalize Daniel and his friends into the values and cultures of the Babylon, how then instead did God use Daniel's life to display his greatness? How can God use you life for His glory?
A nation taken (Captivity Stage): See the big picture (2 Kings 17, 25)
信息重点 Sermon Emphasis:
The northern kingdom (Israel) and southern kingdom (Judah) were exiled to Assyria and Babylon respectively because of their evil acts of idolatry (2 Kings 17:23; 25:21).
We need to see the big picture of what is happening in our lives and to understand why God allows it to happen in order to have the right response towards God.
讨论问题 Discussion Questions:
What is happening in your life and why does God allow it to happen?
What is God trying to tell you and how should you respond to God?
16th Anniversary. 16周年
ONE LIFE GIVE THANKS 一生 · 感恩
《路加福音》Luke 17:11-19 医好十个长大麻风的人 Healing the Ten Lepers
No one is too troubled or unclean to be touched by Jesus. 没有一个人过于困苦或污秽是耶稣不能触及的。
Whether through all storms of all, when things don't go well, or when we feel rejected. 无论是经过人生的风浪，当处在逆境之中，或感到被人遗弃的时候。
“Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine?” 洁净了的不是十个人吗？那九个在哪里呢？
C.H.Spurgeon on the leper who turned back: “But love soon perceives that the substance is more precious than the shadow and to bow at the feet of the great High Priest must be a greater duty than to go before the lesser priests. So the healed leper went first to Jesus. In Him, the spiritual overrode the ceremonial. He felt that his main duty was in person to adore the divine person who had delivered him from his fell disease.
Let us go first to Jesus. Let us in spirit bow before Him. Ah, yes! Come to our services, join in our regular worship; but if you love the Lord, you will want something besides this; you will pine to get to Jesus Himself, and tell Him how you love Him.
You will long to do something for Him by yourself, by which you can show forth the gratitude of your heart to the Christ of God.”
- Never take God’s goodness for granted 重点：我们不要把神的美善当做理所当然的。
- We don't need more things to be thankful for - we just need to be more thankful. 我们不需要拥有很多的东西才来感恩，我们只需要学习去更多的感恩。
- A Legacy Life 留下深远价值的生命。